We all love bacon and we all love cheese. Add some mashed potatoes, batter and a little love and what do you have? A bomb full of cheesy, greasy, bacon-y, potato-y goodness that your taste buds will be forever grateful for.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Approximately 8 large bombs
2 potatoes, diced and boiled
2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs + 1 cup of flour OR 1 cup of dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk
Vegetable oil for frying
Cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese) cut into 1″ chunks
1 package of bacon
1. Dice two potatoes and boil them for 10 minutes (finished product can be seen above). At the same time, heat vegetable oil in a saucepan or small pot to approximately 300-350°F.
2. Mash potatoes and add milk plus the butter. Stir.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add flour OR pour out 1 cup of dry breadcrumbs into a small bowl. Pictured below is the eggs + flour mixture.
4. Cut up 1″ cubes of cheese.
5. Grab a handful of the mashed potato mixture and form it around a cheddar cheese cube, making a bomb shape.
6. Roll the bomb in either the eggs + flour mixture OR bowl of dry breadcrumbs. Pictured below is with the eggs + flour mixture.
7. Wrap the bomb with one slice of bacon. Pictured below is with the breadcrumb mixture.
8. Fry the bomb in the vegetable oil for approximately 3-4 minutes (use your own judgement, making sure the bacon is thoroughly cooked).
9. Let the bomb drain of excess oil and cool off for a few minutes. Then, enjoy the exploding bomb of flavor. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Recipe adapted from Amy Erikson’s Mashed Potato Bacon Bombs.
Other articles you’ll be into: